Joint Press Communiqué Between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Vanuatu
- Joint Press Communiqué Between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Vanuatu
- 1. At the invitation of H.E. Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, Hon. Charlot Salwai, Prime Minister of the Republic of Vanuatu, is on an official visit to China from May 26 to 31, 2019. During the visit, Prime Minister Salwai met with H.E. President Xi Jinping and held talks with H.E. Premier Li Keqiang. The two sides had in-depth discussions on bilateral relations and other issues of shared interest, and reached important consensus. Prime Minister Salwai and his delegation visited Beijing, and will visit Hainan.
- 2. Vanuatu warmly congratulated the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China, highly commended the great achievements made by China in reform and opening-up, and expressed its confidence that under the guidance of Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, the Chinese people will realize the Two Centenary Goals.
- China expressed congratulations on the achievements made by Vanuatu in national development and foreign exchanges since Prime Minister Salwai took office and wished Vanuatu greater progress in its development endeavors.
- 3. The two sides highly commended the progress in the bilateral relations over the last 37 years since the establishment of diplomatic ties, reiterated their commitment to strengthening all-round exchanges and cooperation, and jointly advancing the comprehensive strategic partnership featuring mutual respect and common development, so as to better serve the interests of both peoples.