Co-Chairs' Statement on the Special ASEAN-China Foreign Ministers' Meeting in Celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the Dialogue Relations
- Co-Chairs' Statement on the Special ASEAN-China Foreign Ministers' Meeting in Celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the Dialogue Relations
- The Special ASEAN-China Foreign Ministers' Meeting in Celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the Dialogue Relations was held in Chongqing, People's Republic of China on 7 June 2021. H.E. Teodoro L. Locsin, Jr., Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of the Philippines, and H.E. Wang Yi, State Councilor and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China, co-chaired the meeting.
- We recalled the milestones and achievements of ASEAN-China Dialogue Relations over the course of three decades. We reaffirmed our commitment to further enhance and strengthen our wide-ranging and robust cooperation towards our mutual advancement and prosperity. This year's theme of Sustainable Development Cooperation is apt and fortuitous.
- With the mutual support and assistance extended by ASEAN and China, together with the significant regional and national measures undertaken, we have mitigated the deleterious impacts of the pandemic. ASEAN greatly appreciates China's provision of vaccines, medical supplies and technical assistance to ASEAN and its Member States. In grappling with the challenges of the pandemic, we saw the wisdom of close collaboration on pandemic control and socio-economic recovery.
- We reaffirmed that the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC) is a milestone document that embodies the collective commitment to promote peace, stability, mutual trust and confidence in the region, in accordance with international law, including 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).