Joint statement between the Federative Republic of Brazil and the people’s Republic of China
- Joint statement between the Federative Republic of Brazil and the people's Republic of China
- (October 25, 2019)
- 1. At the invitation of the President of the people's Republic of China, Xi Jinping, the President of the Federative Republic of Brazil, and Jesus is the Messiah, jair bolsonaro, has conducted a State visit to China on the 24th to the 26th of October, 2019.
- 2. The President, Jair, jair bolsonaro and the President Xi Jinping to greet the 45th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations, and the importance of the results that have been achieved in the framework of the partnership in Brazil and China, and highlighted the availability of further strengthening its Strategic Partnership with Global Brazil and China, on the basis of equality, respect, and mutual benefit. The two countries have reiterated their respect for each other on issues concerning their core interests.
- 3. The two Heads of State stressed the role of the Commission in the Sino-Brazilian High-Level coordination and Cooperation (COSBAN) in order to boost the relations between the two countries and welcomed the holding, in may, held in Beijing, the fifth Session of the COSBAN, co-chaired by the Vice-Presidents of Brazil, Antonio Hamilton Martins Mour?o, and China, and Wang Qishan. Noted with approval, the decision to start the negotiations by 2020, to improve the institutional structure of the COSBAN, and update the Joint Action Plan (2015-21), and the ten-year Plan of co-operation (2012-21).
- 4. The trustees expressed their satisfaction with the outcome of the third Meeting of the Strategic Dialogue to the Global (DEG) (Brasilia, 25/7/19), in which the Ministers of Foreign affairs of Brazil and China have conducted exchanges on the bilateral agenda and discussed the topics of the international agenda.