China-France Joint Fact Sheet on the 7th High Level Economic and Financial Dialogue
- China-France Joint Fact Sheet on the 7th High Level Economic and Financial Dialogue
- (July 21st, 2020)
- Deepening China-France Economic and Financial Cooperation, Jointly Coping with the Impact of COVID-19
- Against the special backdrop of COVID-19 pandemic, Chinese Vice- Premier Hu Chunhua and French Economy and Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire co-chaired the 7thChina-France HED on July 21st, 2020 in the form of video conference, joined by senior officials from both countries. To intensify China-France economic and financial cooperation in an innovative manner, both sides held an in-depth discussion on cooperation on fight against COVID-19 and international macroeconomic policy coordination, bilateral cooperation on key areas and major projects. During the 7th China-France HED, both sides reached the following consensus:
- I. International and multilateral affairs in the context of the COVID-19
- 1. Both sides will adopt effective macroeconomic policy to support the economic growth and strengthen policy coordination to jointly address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Both sides support the key leadership role of WHO and the fundamental role of multilateral institutions, such as the United Nations, the WHO, the IMF and the World Bank in catalysing and coordinating the comprehensive global response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Both sides reiterated their appreciation of the reciprocal gestures of solidarity on medical equipment and in conducting commercial procurement in the face of the pandemic. Both sides call for stabilizing industrial chains and supply chains at the regional and global level, ensuring the continued flow of goods, services and personnel, drawing upon the professional advice of the relevant international organizations including WHO to promote the orderly resumption of productive activities.