CELAC and China Joint Plan of Action for Cooperation on Priority Areas (2019-2021)
- CELAC and China Joint Plan of Action for Cooperation on Priority Areas (2019-2021)
- The Second Meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Forum of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) and the People's Republic of China, was held in the city of Santiago, Chile, on January 21 and 22, 2018.
- In order to promote sustainable development of the CELAC-China Forum countries and to encourage cooperation in various areas of common interest and, taking into account the presentation made by China on the possibilities offered by the Belt and Road initiative, it was agreed to adopt the CELAC-China Joint Plan of Action for Cooperation on Priority Areas (2019-2021).
This Action Plan will be developed as follows:
- 1. To intensify high-level reciprocal visits and meetings in multilateral forums between leaders of the Member States of CELAC and the People′s Republic of China, in order to increase mutual trust and increase the efficiency of the CELAC-China Forum as a platform to promote cooperation, strengthen communication and dialogue between both Parties.
- 2. To continue to bring to a successful conclusion the China-CELAC, the Young Politicians Forum of China and LAC, and the draft Annual training courses for young cadres in CELAC. From 2019 to 2021, the Chinese side will invite more than 200 members of the political parties of the member countries of CELAC to visit China.