Joint statement by governments of China and Malaysia on Bilateral Ties
- Joint statement by governments of China and Malaysia on Bilateral Ties
- (August 20, 2018 Beijing)
- （2018年8月20日 北京）
- 1. At the invitation of His Excellency Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, the Honourable Tun Dr. Mahathir Bin Mohamad, Prime Minister of Malaysia, undertook an official visit to the People's Republic of China from 17 to 21 August 2018.
- 2. During the visit, the Honourable Tun Dr. Mahathir called on H.E. Mr. Xi Jinping, President of the People's Republic of China, and held bilateral talks with H.E. Mr. Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council. He also met with H.E. Mr. Li Zhanshu, Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress of China. Leaders of the two countries recalled the history of friendly exchanges between China and Malaysia, charted the course for future development of the bilateral relations and had in-depth exchange of views on regional and international issues of common interest in a friendly and cordial atmosphere.
- 3. China expressed best wishes for the greater development of Malaysia, under the leadership of the Honourable Tun Dr. Mahathir and the new government. Malaysia also expressed admiration of China's impressive achievements over the past four decades of reform and opening up, and wished China new strides in realizing the two centenary goals.