Action Plan for Sino-French Relations
- Action Plan for Sino-French Relations
- (Beijing, 6 November 2019)
- At the invitation of Xi Jinping, President of the people's Republic of China, Emmanuel Macron, President of the French Republic, paid a state visit to China from November 4 to 6, 2019. 55 years after the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, the two heads of state agreed to continue to deepen the comprehensive strategic partnership between China and France on the basis of the joint statements of 9 January 2018 and 25 March 2019, thus opening up a new vision for cooperation between the two countries. To provide new opportunities for exchanges between the two peoples.
- In this spirit, China and France have decided to focus on joint action in the following areas:
- 1. The heads of state of the two countries will continue the annual meeting mechanism.
- 1. 两国元首将延续年度会晤机制。
- 2. China and France are committed to continuing to play the role of strategic dialogue, high-level economic and financial dialogue and high-level people-to-people exchange mechanism. The two sides are willing to strengthen high-level military exchanges, maintain consultation and dialogue mechanisms, and share experiences in peacekeeping operations and other fields.
- 2. 中法两国承诺继续发挥战略对话、高级别经济财金对话和高级别人文交流机制的作用。双方愿加强高级别军事交流，保持磋商和对话机制，在维和行动等领域开展经验分享。
- 3. The two heads of state encouraged high-level exchanges on all issues of common concern in order to promote the development of bilateral cooperation.
- 3. 两国元首鼓励就所有共同关心的议题开展高级别交流，以促进双边合作发展。
- 4. China and France will continue to engage in dialogue on supporting multilateralism and safeguarding the international system based on international law with the United Nations as the core.
- 4. 中法两国将继续就支持多边主义和维护以联合国为核心、以国际法为基础的国际体系开展对话。